#Attribution1 {display: none;}

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Reptile themed birthday cake











Last week I had the pleasure of making a reptile themed cake for my youngest cousin. As much as I hate reptiles I thinks thats how much he loves it. I was fascinated by how much he knew about reptiles.He told me the difference between a crocodile and an alligator,a turtle and a tortoise,and also about the various kinds of snakes.The birthday was celebrated in a preserve and we got to touching many of the reptiles I had made for real. Which included a turtle,a cockroach as well as a snake and it was the first time my LO had touched a snake. This is one of the most detailed cake I have made so far and I truly had a blast making it. Not to mention I was doing the finishing touches at 3:45 am :). After seeing so many pictures of reptiles I think I could imagine things crawl at that time.When you like doing something guess time doesn't matter.Time just flies.

I have added a small tutorial of how to make the turtle. In case any of you are interested I could make more tutorials for the other reptiles.

My husband gave me one of the best gifts last christmas. I was given a budget to buy any thing baking related. Wow! I looked up on the internet and I found this lovely cake supply shop not too far away. For a baker like me just entering a cake supply shop is like paradise :) If you are anywhere close to Baltimore do check it out its called Kake Kraft Korner .My LO and I went berserk  in this cake shop of course for different reasons.. The owners were very friendly and I found everything I needed. I finally have a fondant tool set . I have also learnt the magic of tylose powder.

This cake was a two tiered vanilla cake filled and covered with chocolate butter cream. All the reptiles are made with homemade marshmallow fondant.

Chao! till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment