#Attribution1 {display: none;}

Sunday, April 28, 2013

DIY Furniture





I love painting on furniture. I feel its something that can brighten up a room. We had this stool lying in our house for around 2 years and every time I looked at it I thought I needed to do something with it. There are times when you feel something is naked and you need to make it wear clothes. My daughter loves this stool as it was like her table. She would take support with it and walk when she was just learning. Its a multipurpose stool .So now that my daughter seems a lil bigger I thought I can make her paint her own furniture. I am sure she is very proud of it. Of course I am very proud of her.

So there are some steps you need to take while making kids do any painting and of course painting furniture.
1. Complete supervision. If your child is the type who puts everything in the mouth I wouldn't recommend it.
2. Make sure all the ingredients are non toxic. Usually the paint bottle will say non toxic.
3. Make sure your child is well fed and is in a good mood.
4.Make sure the place is well ventilated.
5. Have all your ingredients ready before hand . Dont leave her alone with the material ever.
6. She is going to get messy. Make them just wear there diapers or wear an apron.Do the activity over a mat as arylic paint can leave permanent marks.
7.Be prepared to stop the activity at any time.They might just get bored and run away 
8. Be sure to wash there hands several times with soap after the activity is done.

These are some tips I could remember if you have more tips add it to the comment box.

Okay I admit it most of the stuff was done by me but she helped me as much as those lil hands could. She is just one after all. 

Here is how we made it.

1. Cleaned the top of the stool well with a dish washing scrubber as I did not have a sand paper. I think it worked pretty well.
2. Paste stickers onto the stool.I had stickers of letters so thats what I put. 
3. Time to get messy. Squeeze the paint onto the stool and smear it all over.
4. Use a paint brush and give it a good second coat.
5. Let it dry for half an hour or longer.
6.Remove the stickers carefully.
7. We coloured the leg of the stool with crayons.
8. Wrote the capital letters on the side of the stool with permanent markers (sharpies)
9 Paint few coats of varnish over it or spray paint with craft spray.

Her first ever painted furniture is all set to show off to the world.



She also wanted to show her wow wow the table she painted

No comments:

Post a Comment