#Attribution1 {display: none;}

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The cake that started it all



























The cake that started it all. Baptism cake made for my God daughters birthday. I surely can't claim I made this all by myself.I have always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes. Two of the most stunning cakes I have seen as a kid. One was a cake my mother had made for my sisters birthday . It was a castle cake and one was a cake my aunt made for my birthday. A hat cake. I am sure those cakes have left such a lasting impression on me. My brother in law and sister knew about my passion and very sweetly arranged for a personal class I could take from my brother in laws friends mother. She is a professional cake decorator and decorated wedding cakes too. So my first cake decorating class was so personal and enjoyable. She taught me the basics of fondant rolling. She has this amazing box with all kinds of decorating tools which hope some day I can possess. She was so patient and was as sweet as all the sweet goodness she makes. So I guess the first cake looks so perfect because there was a masters touch behind it.
This was a chocolate cake with apricot jam, marzipan and fondant.. I hope some day I reach her level of perfection.My God daughter has now turned out to be a gorgeous girl. God bless her.

No comments:

Post a Comment